Welcome to the non-residential Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi workshop in Rishikesh. During weekends you will learn one of the most popular forms of Qigong. More than 10 million people practice this form every day. Shibashi has even become a national wellness exercise in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Shibashi – is a simple set of 18 movements (each of them repeated a few times) performed with natural breath. You can think about it as a dynamic meditation and gentle exercise at the same time. Beginning every day with Tai Chi Qigong will boost your immune and digestive system, increase blood circulation to your organs, and give energy to your body and calmness to your mind.
For whom this workshop
- Any age (senior citizens are welcome as well)
- Any health condition (if you can walk – you can practice Shibashi)
- Any levels (absolute beginners are welcome as well)
What you will learn
- Brief introduction of Tai Chi, Qigong, Shibashi, Dao, and Yin Yang
- Qigong stand Wu Ji
- Qigong breathing (similar to a full Yogic breath)
- Benefits of doing the practice
- Warming up Tai chi Qigong exersises
- Classical 18 forms Shibashi 1st set
- Detailed explanation about the transition between the movements
- Variations of the movement according to different physical conditions
- Safety instructions
- Free form Shibashi
At the end of the workshop, you will be able to practice Shibashi 1st set on your own. Continue this practice at home every day for 10-20 minutes to achieve and maintain better health and calming mind.
Tai Chi Qigong workshop in Rishikesh
- 9:00 – 12:00 – Theory, loosening exercises, learning forms
- 15:00 – 18:00 – Transitions between forms, repeating forms
- 9:00 – 12:00 – Shibashi 1st set repetitions, diffrent variations of the forms